The College School serves students in first through eighth grade who demonstrate learning, attention, mild social/emotional, and/or mild behavioral issues that may impact school success. Our students flourish in a supportive environment that promotes confidence, individuality, and a spirit of self-advocacy, helping them become proud and confident learners.
Students diagnosed with reading disabilities, such as dyslexia, have been particularly successful at The College School. This success is attributable to the systematic, multisensory reading approaches utilized by teaching staff, as well as to the frequency of daily reading instruction these students receive. While the goal of The College School is to return students to a traditional school setting in two to three years, many remain through the 8th grade, as the unique blend of a challenging curriculum and a personalized approach to learning is unparalleled.
As a part of the College of Education and Human Development, students receive the benefit of the most cutting-edge techniques in curriculum and instruction from teachers who are clinical faculty members at the University. In addition, our children interact daily with motivated, eager student teachers and researchers whose primary goal is creating a rich educational environment for children with learning differences.
- The TCS Spirit Wear store is open. Order now!
- Our Scholastic Book Fair is just around the corner. Sign up now to volunteer!
- Homeroom lists are now available in the Parent Portal. Also posted are medical forms, link to Student Information Survey, and Hot Lunch Snack signups.
- If you have not signed up for the Weekly Wrapup Newsletter – a parent-to-parent email, use the signup link located in the Parent Portal. Please note, the Weekly Wrapup is not published during the summer months.
- Catch the Wave Summer Reading and Supply Lists now available!
- Download the 2018-19 School Calendar.
- New Family Orientation presentation now available.
- Sign up for Remind, a text messaging and email service.
- Click here to access the online payment system.