The College School serves students in first through eighth grade who demonstrate learning, attention, mild social/emotional, and/or mild behavioral issues that may impact school success. Our students flourish in a supportive environment that promotes confidence, individuality, and a spirit of self-advocacy, helping them become proud and confident learners.
Students diagnosed with reading disabilities, such as dyslexia, have been particularly successful at The College School. This success is attributable to the systematic, multisensory reading approaches utilized by teaching staff, as well as to the frequency of daily reading instruction these students receive. While the goal of The College School is to return students to a traditional school setting in two to three years, many remain through the 8th grade, as the unique blend of a challenging curriculum and a personalized approach to learning is unparalleled.
As a part of the College of Education and Human Development, students receive the benefit of the most cutting-edge techniques in curriculum and instruction from teachers who are clinical faculty members at the University. In addition, our children interact daily with motivated, eager student teachers and researchers whose primary goal is creating a rich educational environment for children with learning differences.
- 2016 Summer Reading is now available. Please read the assignment then download and complete the reading log.
- 2016 School Supply Lists for students in grades 1 – 5 and students in grades 6 – 8 are now available. Homeroom assignments are available in the Parent Portal.
- The 2016-17 School Calendar is now available for download.
- Visit the Parent Portal to sign up for the TCS Home Connection. IAP meeting sign up forms and Pizza Tuesday snack forms are now available as well.
- Sign up for Remind, a text messaging and email service.
- We need volunteers…we need YOU! Volunteering at the Book Fair is the perfect way to stay connected to your child at school and help students find the books they can’t wait to read. Sign up now and get ready for a fun and rewarding volunteer experience.
- Click here to access the online payment system.