The College School serves students in first through eighth grade who demonstrate learning, attention, mild social/emotional, and/or mild behavioral issues that may impact school success. Our students flourish in a supportive environment that promotes confidence, individuality, and a spirit of self-advocacy, helping them become proud and confident learners.
Students diagnosed with reading disabilities, such as dyslexia, have been particularly successful at The College School. This success is attributable to the systematic, multisensory reading approaches utilized by teaching staff, as well as to the frequency of daily reading instruction these students receive. While the goal of The College School is to return students to a traditional school setting in two to three years, many remain through the 8th grade, as the unique blend of a challenging curriculum and a personalized approach to learning is unparalleled.
As a part of the College of Education and Human Development, students receive the benefit of the most cutting-edge techniques in curriculum and instruction from teachers who are clinical faculty members at the University. In addition, our children interact daily with motivated, eager student teachers and researchers whose primary goal is creating a rich educational environment for children with learning differences.
- Beginning Friday, December 6th through Thursday, December 19th, TCS will be collecting canned items that will be donated to the Newark Area Welfare Committee. We are demonstrating kindness this holiday season by encouraging our students and staff to remember others less fortunate. As always, we thank you for your continued support and generosity.
- Now accepting Hot Lunch orders for the month of January. The order form will be available until December 18th.
- The January and February Rotation Calendars are now available for download.
- Sign up for Remind101, a text messaging and email service.
- Join a Parent Committee by visiting the link located in the Parent Portal!! TCS thrives with your support!!
- Sign up to provide dessert for students who order Hot Lunch on Pizza Tuesdays.
- Bricks 4 Kidz is a new after school club opportunity for TCS students in grades 2 – 8.
The one hour classes explore architecture, engineering and technology concepts using LEGO® bricks. Students will participate in a 4 week mini-session focused on the exciting theme of Animals. Register for Bricks 4 Kidz.
- TCS After School Clubs are starting in October for the fall session. Available clubs are Art Club (grades 2 – 6), Computer Club (grades 6 – 8), and Science Explorers (grades 1 – 5). Register for Art and Computer Clubs using our online registration form. Register for Science Explorers through the Science Explorers website.
- Click here to access the online payment system.