The College School serves students in first through eighth grade who demonstrate learning, attention, mild social/emotional, and/or mild behavioral issues that may impact school success. Our students flourish in a supportive environment that promotes confidence, individuality, and a spirit of self-advocacy, helping them become proud and confident learners.
Students diagnosed with reading disabilities, such as dyslexia, have been particularly successful at The College School. This success is attributable to the systematic, multisensory reading approaches utilized by teaching staff, as well as to the frequency of daily reading instruction these students receive. While the goal of The College School is to return students to a traditional school setting in two to three years, many remain through the 8th grade, as the unique blend of a challenging curriculum and a personalized approach to learning is unparalleled.
As a part of the College of Education and Human Development, students receive the benefit of the most cutting-edge techniques in curriculum and instruction from teachers who are clinical faculty members at the University. In addition, our children interact daily with motivated, eager student teachers and researchers whose primary goal is creating a rich educational environment for children with learning differences.
- Order November Hot Lunches now – orders accepted until October 31st!
- TCS is hosting Saturday Morning Math! Check it out!!
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness about this disease. Every Monday during the month of October, TCS students are welcome to participate in “Go Pink Mondays” which will be implemented by our TCS Student Government Association. On October 6th, October 13th, October 20th, and October 27th students who participate will be allowed to wear a splash of pink as well as jeans. On each Monday that your student participates, we ask that they pledge to donate $2.00 to help raise money for research, educational programs, and patient service.
- The 2014-2015 TCS School Calendar is now available for download.
- Sign up for Remind, a text messaging and email service.
- Click here to access the online payment system.