Give to TCS
“We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” ― Winston S. Churchill
By some estimates, between 20,000 and 45,000 students in Delaware may be grappling with dyslexia and ADHD. Many need much more support than most schools can provide.
Ask any mainstream educator who has referred a child to The College School, where children with mild to moderate learning differences are taught how to learn and to thrive. Many public and private schools acknowledge that they cannot accommodate every child with a learning disability, and the numbers of children who need support are growing. Educators know that our children return to mainstream schools more confident with academic strategies that guarantee long-term success.
Each year, approximately 30 families who apply to TCS must choose other options because they lack financial aid. We can overcome this lost opportunity through your generosity.
How can you help? There are three ways of designating a gift to The College School.
- TCS Educational Enrichment Fund – provides technology upgrades, professional development for teachers, books for the TCS Literacy Link, updated curriculum materials, assessment tools, after-school activities, field trips, and more.
- TCS General Scholarship Fund – provides crucial financial aid to families.
- Jeanne Geddes Endowed Scholarship Fund – named on behalf of former TCS Director Dr. Jeanne Geddes, who passionately served and dedicated her life to struggling children in need of support. This fund provides ongoing scholarship aid to selected families of The College School.
Tuition cannot fully cover The College School’s operating budget. We depend on the gifts from donors and other philanthropic sources to close this gap and to generate opportunities for as many students as possible. The more donations that can be generated will enable TCS to offer more scholarships for families in need.
We ask you to consider investing in the future of our students by making a gift to The College School. Your gift will provide financial assistance to deserving students, allowing them to discover their full potential.
Ways to Give:
- Make a gift online using our secure online giving form.
- Send a check to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations, 83 East Main St., Newark, DE 19716. Be sure to note which designation you prefer in the note section of your check to ensure your gift is designated correctly.
- Give over the phone by calling 866-535-4504 during normal business hours.
Many companies match gifts to their employees. This is a great way to double or even triple your gift. Check with your company’s Human Resources Department or visit our online database at www.matchinggifts.com/ud to find out if your employer matches gifts.
When you support The College School, you help to generate a wealth of opportunities for struggling students. Here are just a few ways that you’re helping:
- Tuition support for families in need of financial aid
- Guest lecturers from the University of Delaware and the Delaware community which allows for a diverse academic calendar and interesting course schedule for students and teachers
- Better research and modeling based on a student population that reflects the true nature of the community and population.
- Increased awareness of the value and importance of The College School
- A rewarding and life changing experience for all students, which includes the learning successes that can only be provided by The College School.
Thank you for your support!