We look forward to hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to learn more about your child and to
How our admissions process works:
- If you are interested in learning more about our school, please complete the on-line Inquiry Form.
- Our admissions director will contact you to discuss your child’s strengths as well as your concerns, and to schedule a tour of our school. You will be asked to provide your child’s:
- Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- 504 Accommodation Plans
- Current (within the past 3 years) Psycho-Educational or Neuro-Psycho-Educational Evaluation
- Recent report cards (with teacher narratives if provided)
- Other current evaluation reports (i.e. Speech/Language, Occupational Therapy, etc.)
- Additional information to assist in the admissions process
3. During the hour and a half tour, you will meet with our director and see our facilities, including classrooms equipped with SMART boards, computers and iPads, the art room, library and playground — to determine whether our school is a good fit for your child.
4. We will invite your child to spend a day at the School so that they have direct experience in a classroom and we can observe them in our setting. We may also do some basic assessments during this visit to help us to better understand his/her strengths and weaknesses.
5. Once evaluated, if our faculty feel your child would be successful at The College School, we will work with you to have them placed in a classroom as soon as suitable space becomes available. While we do accept students mid-year, older children may be placed on a waiting list until the new school year.
Due to limited openings, as well as the limited time to implement an effective remediation plan for a middle school student, the school generally does not enroll new students in grades 7 and 8.